[nos-bbs] jnos for dos

Glenn Thomas glennt at charter.net
Thu Apr 19 02:36:15 EDT 2007

Bob -

I understand that Borland 3.1 is somewhat buggy, though it was used
as the baseline for JNOS 11.X.

I have to ask, are you building via the Borland IDE or are you using
the makefile and command line compiler? I tried to compile with the
Borland 4.0 and 4.5 IDE's and got loads of errors, mainly due to
strong typing errors a'la C++. There's nothing really wrong with weak
typing a'la C, except that it easier to make a mistake. Using the
makefile and either the 4.0 or 4.5 command line compiler I was able
to compile JNOS 1.11c and f with no problems. FWIW, I've also
successfully compiled JNOS 1.11X with Borland 1.5 and 2.0, but there
are a few gotchas there...

One other thing about Borland, I think that 3.1 was the last release
that included an assembler. After that it was an option, so be sure
to save the object files from assembly language modules.

73 de Glenn wb6w