[nos-bbs] HTTP server restriction maybe

Kerry Smith n3nxo at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 18:24:03 EDT 2007

I can recall a few years back, doing http via the asy
ports.  Now this was with jnos ver 1.09 or 1.10, or
somewhere close to that version release.  BUT, the key
here is, IT DID WORK!  You could have a regular
windows box, or linux box configured with a 44.net ip
addy, and go via the asy port of a JNOS ONLY machine,
and pass traffic back and forth.  The thing that you
might be running into is a filter, or firewall
somewhere in the mix.  I know at my end, I get rather
strict on what ports are allowed to pass from
"internet" to the jnos 44.net side connected to RF,
just as a security measure.

Not sure if this is any help with your problem or not,
but I thought it might be worth the mention.

Kerry - n3nxo