[nos-bbs] The UPLOAD command in sysop and user meu

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue Apr 3 21:18:19 EDT 2007

You bet Barry.

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 19:50 -0400, Barry Siegfried wrote:

> ["(Skip) K8RRA" <k8rra at ameritech.net> wrote]:
>
> >>SNIP<< bring them on!

See how I can bypass all the detail of above?...:-)

> Let's say I am in a system console client session that is connected
> to my favorite Net/Rom node.  I would like to sysop the node, reset
> it and then connect again to load my initialization parameters.
> Instead of typing all the initialization parameters manually, I can
> instead have them stored in a file which I can then 'upload' to that
> client session.  The Net/Rom node command processor will receive them
> line by line from my client connection and assign the values I want
> to use for node initialization.

The example makes sense and my initial testing went well.
Except for the "*" to mark active session - it was missing here.
In *my* words - the UPLOAD command serves the same function as the
SOURCE command:  the SOURCE command is applied locally and UPLOAD is
applied to the active remote host session.

I'm beginning to think my initial thought about UPLOAD has a little
merit.
Instead of trashing UPLOAD...
syntax.
Because UPLOAD *should have* a <session #> parameter to remove ambiguity
the work might be the same.
Before you nail me on the missing <session #>, consider doing your
example to two remotes simultaneously.
Nothing about session structure prevents simultaneous remote connects.
That makes a lot more sense to me at this moment...

Actually - I *might* be wrong about simultaneous sessions if they are
*active* and receiving packets from more than one source...  More later.

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k