[nos-bbs] Virtual Machine Network Driver

wa7nwp wa7nwp at jnos.org
Tue Sep 26 22:25:35 EDT 2006

Mark Phillips wrote:
> Why not?
>
> Sure beats using some sort of crappy Microsnot driver. Not only that but
> you could run a Linux build on a winders box then.

The biggest problem with JNOS on Windows is that there's no easy and
good connectivity between JNOS and the Windows system - like we get with
Maiko's TUN0 or a virtual tty on Linux.   All the other virtual drivers
have issues.  The only real solution is a second hardware network card
and that defeats my idea of a clean and simple virtual machine that can
be cut and pasted between systems.   VMware or Virtual PC may both work
but that depends on how the networking and serial ports are handled.

I would love to hear if anybody has tried and had success with a JNOS on
Linux on windows under either VMware or VPC...

73
Bill - WA7NWP