[nos-bbs] Convers

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Mon Sep 25 00:03:34 EDT 2006

Greetings,

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, wa7nwp wrote:

> It's time to move ahead a bit with our local Convers setup for Washington.

   Great!  CONVerse has been one of the MOST usefull tools here in
Michigan during EMCOMM exercises.  All invloved agencies, counties, and
stations jump on CONVerse and get on a channel.  Then everyone can see
what everyone else is doing and waht is going on. If need be we can split
off various "nets' onto different channels for tactical, organizational,
food, supplies, etc.

> Does anybody have any SSID convensions for Convers nodes?

   In Michigan we use -6 for our CONVerse bridges.  We try to stay within
the following SSID standards:

         http://www.mi-drg.org/ssid.shtml

   So a typical JNOS node or Hamgate would be addressed like this:

   BBS         ax25 bbscall wb8tkl-3
   Node        ax25 mycall wb8tkl-4
   TTYLINK     ax25 ttycall wb8tkl-5
   CONVerse    conv mycall wb8tkl-6

      --- Jay Nugent WB8TKL
          o Chair, ARRL Michigan Section "Digital Radio Group" (DRG)
            [www.MI-DRG.org]
          o Michigan AMPRnet IP Address Coordinator
            [www.mi-drg.org/ip-addr-form.html]

"Getting rid of terrorism is like getting rid of dandruff.  It cannot
 be done completely no matter how hard you try." -- Gore Vidal
| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)484-5105    (734)544-4326/Fax        |
| Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]     (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.net] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|
| LinuxNIC, Inc. [www.linuxnic.net]   Registrar of the .linux TLD        |