[nos-bbs] First crash for jnos2.0e-hack

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue Sep 19 20:09:43 EDT 2006

Regretfully I had neither the debugger nor a good record of events
leading up to the crash Maiko.

As an early warning only, the one obvious error was on the sysop console
top line: CONV=1 LNKS=0
Links should have been =1.
The "convers link" was "...connecting...retries=8" and the reason for
loosing the link was not known.
When the user (me) entered "/b" on the user session (not sysop), jnos
never responded but crashed.

I'll create some events logging and I have already instantiated gdb, so
if it reoccurs a few times I'll make a formal report.
My suspicion is that I violated a few rules in creating the operating
conditions at the time of crash.

I don't suspect the hack is the cause at this moment...

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k