[nos-bbs] Command & configuratin line comments

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue Sep 19 17:30:09 EDT 2006

Totally understandable response Barry.
I'll work my document around this concept.

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 15:42 -0400, Barry Siegfried wrote:

> ["(Skip) K8RRA" <k8rra at ameritech.net> wrote]:
>
> > This is a "toss up"...
> >>SNIP<<
>
> > If "#" may be inserted anywhere on any command line to begin a
> > comment, that would be compatible with bash and a good thing.
> > (perhaps only in my opinion...)
>
> This *can* be done but several sections of the code would have to
> be modified in order to make it work right.

Not looking to make work...
But, if someday all files follow bash rules I'll gleefully change my
document (again) ;-)

> You would have to
> make sure that all possibilities (where '#' or ';' characters are
> intended to be parts of quoted arguments) are accounted for and
> not handled incorrectly.  This goes for hidden Net/Rom nodes which
> begin with the '#' character as well.  There are other cases where
> '#' or ';' characters might be significant.  I just can't think of
> any more at the moment.
>
> It's never as easy as it first looks.

But it's "easier" with guys like yourself who will take a moment to
explain the theory.
I hope you will accept my work some day enough to send newbies to it for
answers?
I also wish I could announce when some day might get here :-(
THANKS AGAIN!

> 73, de Barry, K2MF >>
>           <|>      Barry Siegfried
> | Internet | bgs at mfnos.net              |