[nos-bbs] JNOS for Fedora Core 5 - experimental hack

K8RRA (Skip) k8rra at ameritech.net
Sun Sep 17 10:00:00 EDT 2006

Your work is GOOD Maiko...

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 22:48 -0500, Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:

> For those that want to play (Torsten, you have this one already) ...
>
>    http://www.physics.umanitoba.ca/~maiko/jnos2_fc5src.tar.gz
>
> It already has a config.h, just go 'make' and see what happens,

trouble free download and replacement of older src.  make + 30 seconds
of holding my breath and there is a new jnos executable.  Another minute
to substitute the executable used in the startup script and JNOS2.0e
compiled on FC-5 is running.

>  no
> guarantees.

The command "smtp hopper off" complained at startup - hopper was not in
the smtp subcommand list.
I'll resolve that one later...

> It runs for me and someone else, but I have yet to test
> the heck out of it.

Well now jnos2.0e has replaced 2.0d here and will run 24-7.  Let you
know as situations develop.  Will respond to your compile query later
today...

> This version of JNOS 2.0e uses the UCONTEXT mechanism, and does
> not rely on the JMPBUF stuff anymore. Let me know how it goes.
>
> Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

Add K8RRA to your success list.
73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k