[nos-bbs] Re: Compiling Jnos 2e...???

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Sep 14 23:48:30 EDT 2006

Mark wrote :

> I guess that means you don't officially support Voyage Linux ...

The phrase *officially support* is a bad choice of words on my part.

What I meant to say is that I don't have copies of all the different
variants available for me to work on. The only machines I have to work
on are running things like Slackware, Fedora, and Red Hat Enterprise.

What that means is if you have compile and link issues specific to
Voyage, Ubuntu, Debian, or whatever other distro I am not running
here, then I am going to be depending on you to help me out. I'll
be asking for info, and I'll be sending instructions. The process
will likely go back and forth, possibly many times. You might get
frustrated by the process, but if I don't have the platform here,
then it's the only way.

If a user is willing to do their part in trying to compile and
link JNOS on a particular platform, then I'm willing to do the
same (within reason) to help them get it done.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM