[nos-bbs] Re: Compiling Jnos 2e...???

Jaye Inabnit, ke6sls ke6sls at cox.net
Thu Sep 14 21:06:11 EDT 2006

On Thursday 14 September 2006 12:56, Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:
> I don't officially support Ubuntu, since I don't have it running here,
> but I'm willing to help resolve compile and linkage errors to *some*
> degree.
>
> Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

Hi Maiko:

I hope you will consider full support of kubuntu/ubuntu/xbuntu in the near
future.  I'm a former hardcore debian user who switched and I really like
what the distro offers for support, packages, and ease of ham-use.  I've
asked the debian-ham list for this as well.  I feel it is important to keep
it as simple as possible, and kubuntu (for me) has done exactly that.

Here in Eureka (Ca, USA) I'm making several machines available for local hams
to try out--all with kubuntu and ham software installed.  For most folks,
trying linux is too scary to try on their own machines (even live CD'S), so
my little effort only makes it easier to remove fear OF THE UNKNOWN.

Also, thank you for all your great hacking on Jnos!

now back to our regularly scheduled programming. . .   :)

73

Jaye, ke6sls