[nos-bbs] Multile TNC's on a single serial port?

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Sun Sep 10 00:04:49 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I'm want to connect 3 TNC's to the same serial port for use with JNOS
2.0E under Linux.

I'm using the Soekris NET4501 running Voyage Linux (a Debian Sarge based
distro) and it only has a single serial port. As these boards can be had
for less than $50 they make for a cheap node (we have a few going into
new sites in NYC soon).

I've seen  a few diagrams for a diode matrix device that one adds
between the serial port and the TNC's but what I'm not sure about is do
I have to change the firmware in the TNC and how do I attach the various
TNC's.

I have the Linux/JNOS talking to a single TNC in the normal fashion so
at least I know this bit works so far.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark G7LTT/KC2ENI