[nos-bbs] JNOS to Airmail and Packlink forwarding - It Works!

wa7nwp wa7nwp at jnos.org
Mon Sep 4 03:15:26 EDT 2006

wa7nwp wrote:

> Using JNOS 2.0d on Win XP here.  Trying to drop messages off on both
> local Airmail and Telpac servers (RF of course!!!)...   It looks like
> the initial login and negotiation isn't working correctly as the
> connection ends up hanging.   I read through the archives from last
> spring and see where it's probably necessary to bring in the newer 2.0e
> code from Linux before trying this by Telpac.

That was it.  I added the MB_FBB_KLUGE from 2.0e to forward.c in my
DOS 2.0d and (drum roll) I forwarded both to winlink via a telpac
node and to an Airmail Packet Server.

Very soon there should be another column added to the Winlink
clients table:

     <http://home.earthlink.net/~k7bfl/WL2K_Usersoft.html>

Next steps.

  JNOS connected by TCP/IP to the windows system.
  Try out telpac forwarding
  AXCONV and Telpac...
  NSLU2 or WRT54G  (http://www.wetnet.net)

It's starting to get interesting - again.

73
Bill - WA7NWP