[nos-bbs] FYI [Fwd: wl2k Re: Another paclink-unix update]

KV9U mrfarm at mwt.net
Wed Oct 18 16:50:09 EDT 2006

Doesn't Nick have this all figured out? He was able to crack this in a
few minutes with a problem he wrote in that amount of time. At least he
claimed this a year or so ago. The Winlink 2000 folks had been claiming
that the B2F made it so difficult for anyone to monitor the data that it
was almost like being secure. They later acted like they had never said
that after Nick figured out how to do it.

Won't he share that information on how to handle B2F?

It is very unfortunate that there is this dislike of interoperability
with the Winlink 2000 folks, or at least some of them, because it almost
insures that others will work on different projects rather than sharing
the information. I have been very disappointed in the hams who do this
kind of thing because it seems completely contrary to what amateur radio
is all about.

By the way, how do any of you view the PSKmail program and working with
that?

Finally, if you do have items that should be more well known, it would
not hurt to mention it on the Winlink 2000 group which is usually pretty
quiet.

73,

Rick, KV9U