[nos-bbs] Airmail -> JNOS 2.0 (running a dxp38) pactor forwarding - success!

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Oct 10 13:13:34 EDT 2006

In case anyone is interested ...

For those of you that happen to have a DXP38 sitting on the shelf,
and want to use JNOS software as an HF pactor server/gateway, and be
able to support your Airmail clients out in the field.

I finally have Airmail clients successfully and flawlessly forwarding
messages to my JNOS 2.0e(dev) system through HF Pactor, using either
the BF or B1F settings in Airmail, under Options. I've tested this a
lot more thoroughly than I have in the past - it helps to have some
decent test equipment handy for a change. It's nice to see Airmail
compressing the data, and successfully accepted at the JNOS side.

I am running the latest development copy live on QRG 10.127 on
a 24/7 basis. If anyone is interested, please try to connect to
my system with your Airmail client and forward a message. Tnx.

My past efforts at getting this working failed miserably, and data
loss was a big problem as well. Thankfully, this is no more !

A software update will be out within a few weeks on my site :

http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2

Rudamentary support for the SCS-PTC modem exists, but it's still
very BETA and needs more testing. The limiting factor in this case
is that I no longer have a PTC to work with (on my list of things
to obtain in the near future - likely just wishfull thinking).

Also, I have started code to support the KAM XL, but that is far
from ready (I did get an AMTOR connect working once with a KAM all
mode). I might be able to find a KAM XL locally somewhere ...

That's all for now.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM