[nos-bbs] Early note on RedHat FC-5

Tim Gorman ab0wr at ab0wr.net
Fri May 5 17:12:25 EDT 2006

Skip,

A philosophy question. Is there a reason you are moving to FC-5? One reason I
left Redhat a number of years ago was their growing penchant to emulate
Microsoft with numerous upgrade requirements.

I went with Suse and haven't had to move to a different version for over 2
years, not even when Novell bought Suse.

I've really enjoyed not being caught up in the upgrad merry-go-round. Do you
have to stay on it for development purposes?

tim ab0wr

P.S. My internet firewall is still on Redhat 7.2 using ipchains and
Portsentry. So maybe I'm *too* conservative?