[nos-bbs] Early note on RedHat FC-5

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri May 5 17:32:25 EDT 2006

Tee hee hee Barry,

It may be worth what it cost you... $0

On another thread, I did a minor agony over the NOS on Windows note - I
misspoke.
It was certainly because I had not researched the issue carefully due to
my personal prejudges.
Microsoft has integrated backward compatibility at some level in all
their Windows offerings.  In the W-95 / W-98 days, I and a lot of my
peers had really bad experiences with DOS on WIN so eons ago I made up
my mind that if software was not released for the environment it was run
in it did not get much attention from me.  That opinion has survived /
until now...

I'm delighted to hear nos is well enough behaved, and perhaps XP is
mature enough, that nos will run on top of Win.  OK, so a couple special
things are added, so there are a few shortcomings, and Jay pokes fun,
but at least it seems like a good beginners test bed.  Thanks to this
reflector and it's participants.

Thanks for the correction...

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 16:35 -0400, Barry Siegfried wrote:

> ["George (Skip) VerDuin" <k8rra at ameritech.net> wrote]:
>
> >SNIP<.
>
> You're not talking to yourself.  I read every single word.  :)
>
> 73, de Barry, K2MF >>
>           <|>      Barry Siegfried
> | Internet | bgs at mfnos.net              |
> | HomePage | http://www.mfnos.net/~bgs  |