[nos-bbs] BBS Forwarding crash

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Wed May 3 15:16:32 EDT 2006

Greetings,

I am setting up a first BBS mail forwarding capability with a local user
- jnos2.0d crashes consistently after the trace message:
   Processing area wb8i.  LastMsgidRead=0: begin at 0 of 2.
Yes - I may have erred in setting forward.bbs, alias, and rewrite, files
(but crashing seems a bit severe a response).
Thus far I have collected and reviewed a screen.dump, I/Oport trace, and
log, files without an obvious solution.
What I see from gdb is a segmentation fault:
  0x080e5294  in ____strtol_l_internal ()
At this point I'm not ready to conclude that jnos is faulty - except I
may have found a new illegal data situation without an error message.

So the question I have for this group is:  If crashing is not normal for
forwarding function - what might I trace to isolate the cause?

73
de Skip k8rra k