[nos-bbs] JNOS telpac fwd to WL2K seems to work now (patch)

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue Mar 14 19:53:05 EST 2006

OK - a couple details destined for documentation text...

I see the new "telpac" parameter in the forward.bbs file.
Is "telpac" parameter processed by file scaning
  a)  into "mbox fbb..." and "term iface..." commands
  b)  into "mbox fbb..." and added to "telnet...cronly" for execution?
My purpose is to determine if the "telnet" command has revised syntax to
document...
[OK - I admit not reading all the relative code...]
>From existing documentation telnet syntax is:
telnet <host> [<port_number>]
>From tipmail.c it looks like documentation should read:
telnet <host> [<port_number>] [cronly]
Because tipmail.c is not part of the patch for wl2k, then option b)
looks more correct?

I also see a permissions issue regarding "Avoid FBB compression" that
may play into wl2k use?
I have noted considerable compression discussion on emcomm reflector...

Now a pretty dumb question:
I see you addressed Steve as "kc4cjx AT kc4cjx".
I presume his view of his own address is "kc4cjx AT winlink.org" but I
have missed the entry that does the mapping.
Where is the "winlink.org" inserted?

The last is this:
I have been running the pre-compiled jnos2.0d1.
At this moment I have no need to customize jnos differently.
If I do patch the jnos2 source and compile,
will I also need to adjust config.h to get back to exactly the
precompiled version?
Here it is simply: Is the distributed config.h used to generate the
linux version jnos2.0?

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 23:02 -0600, maiko at pcs.mb.ca wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I think I have JNOS doing forwarding over a tcp/ip telpac
> connection now. Please visit the JNOS 2.0 website for more
> details (including one patched file) :
>
>    http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2
>
> Comments and feedback more than welcome of course.
>
> Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

de Skip k8rra k