[nos-bbs] JNOS telpac fwd to WL2K seems to work now (patch)

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Mar 12 10:59:30 EST 2006

Hi Torsten,

> I have a small comment: on Mac OS X, forwarding doesn't work,
> as the CR after sending the Callsign is missing.

And that's the insane part of this thing. You found the solution
already, ie, comment out this code :

/*
    if (telpac)
       m->line[strlen(m->line)-1] = 0;
*/

Technically, there should be NO reason for me to need to do the
above, but I have to use it on my system or else WL2K sits there
waiting, strange isn't it ? I'll have to dig a bit deeper to look
at this.

> See that after the "M" (4d) no CR is sent, so the Telpac client
> is waiting forever and connection is closed after 90sec.

That's why I'm calling this insane. My tcpdump shows the '0d' CR
value, and I have to use the above code segment for it to work for
me.

> Is there any easy way to fix?

Yep. You found it already.

Maiko