[nos-bbs] JNOS2.0d - NET/ROM / strange behavior

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Wed Mar 1 16:38:31 EST 2006

Yes Tim, a shell level reset.

I'm at the JNOS prompt when I see the bug.
The theory is that terminal settings are mostly configured prior to the
shell starting jnos.
The other part of the theory is that nothing is retentive after leaving
jnos.
I'd like to test that without going back to logging in again.

Further using set and diff (and other stuff) should show changes imposed
by jnos on "F2" viewed from "F1" root session.  I haven't done that
either yet, although it was something I did years ago with SCO UNIX to
troubleshoot the RS-232 collection we had on that server...  You know,
with Linux I may have to learn how to tippy-toe about under /proc...

All of this is experimental given a static load module without using gdb
tools.  You see from Maiko this is a low priority nag bug and not worth
serious effort at this moment - and I am not about to start changing ?.c
to correct it either.  If something at the system level is changing, I
don't mind exploring a bit to find it.  My finding the change might make
the fix easier...

Is that sensible to you?

Skip

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 14:49 -0600, Tim Gorman wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 March 2006 13:13, George (Skip) VerDuin wrote:
>

> > If a multi-screen feature (not multi-session feature) in Linux terminal
> > I/O is in use, then I need to find how to restore defaults from the
> > Linux command line - a concept I have not pursued at this point...
> >

> Are you talking about a "reset" command from the linux prompt? That will
> usually clear the display and reset it to default values.
>
> Are you at the linux prompt or the jnos control window prompt when this
> happens?
>
> tim ab0wr

de Skip k8rra k