[nos-bbs] BBS Ddownload and Upload command bug

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Mon Jun 26 17:25:27 EDT 2006

Thanks Jay,
Between you and Barry it seems the document needs adjustment?

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 14:20 -0400, Jay Nugent wrote:

> Greetings Skip (et al),
>

>SNIP<

>    No. FTP does that. Not [U]pload and [D]ownload.

My point exactly...

>SNIP<

>    I'm not certain I understand what you are proposing, Skip?

OK - that was obtuse.
I'm very OK with the way it works - I'm not OK with the way "U" and "D"
are documented because it seems very clear to me I should expect a file
to be created and the transfer does not rely upon the terminal.  To me,
U and D read like "get" and "put" of FTP.  My point here is to blunt the
argument that you MUST use the FTP only (the IP tool) and there is to be
no valid AX.25 tool available to transfer a file from node to node.  You
have opened the door to to Xmodem and that seems an OK option (besides
it is a no-work option)...

>SNIP<

73
de Skip k8rra k