[nos-bbs] VE4KLM in San Diego

Steven Stimpson (N1OHX) steven2 at gwi.net
Thu Jul 20 10:50:41 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm)" <maiko at pcs.mb.ca>
To: <nos-bbs at lists.tapr.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:01 AM
Subject: [nos-bbs] VE4KLM in San Diego

> Greetings all,
>
> I can't believe we're in California !
>
> We made it to San Diego last nite. 80 miles per hour is madness,
> but I'm enjoying every bit of it. For what it's worth, I'm here
> for 5 days or so. Staying at the Super 8 on the Hotel Circle South,
> if anyone can tell me the *coffee* times, I might be able to sneak
> out (then again I might not be able to). Whatever.
>
> Off to seaworld today with the kids and wifey.
>
> Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

 Well Maiko, no bugs to incessantly complain about so I hope you brought
a laptop and and baycom modem, those VHF networks I hear for packet are
pretty extensive out there! 440 and microwave even.....

I know I know, family vacation...only a hobby...but couldn't ya at least
check it out and report back how big the vhf packet net is out there :-) :-)
:-)

best regards and have a great time!
steven n1ohx