[nos-bbs] nos and wl2k interaction #1

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 22 11:43:16 EST 2006

Greetings again.
This is directed to those with both nos and wl2k experience.

I am fully successful at connecting to a local telpac node and reading
text mail from wl2k in what I call a "chat" session using the R and L
commands.
The mail is delivered to me double spaced.
My first question is "Is insertion of the extra space normal for non-nos
(that means Paclink on windows?) users too?"
If it is not, then I suspect the cr-lf end-of-line sequence is my
nemesis.
Has anyone already engineered a solution, or will this be up to me?

I have tested "bad commands" and found telpac responds with null - my
session times out.
In this test I am 2-for-2 or 100% certain that no response is given to
mis-spelled commands.
OK - I don't need to hear it is tough to mis-spell "L" or "R" - but if I
do manage, it looks back at me blankly.
It is reasonably easy to  provide a bad <MID> and that gives me the same
response...
My second question is "Do non-nos users get the same response or is this
nos-specific response?".

Thanks in advance for your help.

73
de Skip k8rra k