[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0e kernel upgrade - bye bye setjmp/longjmp

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Dec 1 11:40:17 EST 2006

Skip wrote,

> Is it time to "party" ?

No.

> Even though it seems like a pain in the $&^#, perhaps this is a
> maturation milestone.

More like a cross roads. Don't tell anyone, but I have a beta version
of JNOS that runs like a service now - no console, no sessions. You
just run it using 'jnos &' or similar. This is in preparation for
perhaps a WIN32 version of JNOS - yes, I admit it, it's tempting
to do, imagine JNOS in your systray.

> Is it now easier to incorporate library offerings into Jnos?

No.

> Is the structure cleaner and more easily expanded?

No.

> I wish there to be an equivalent to FTD Flowers to deliver his choice of
> Moulson, Canadian Club, or even a good Cabernet to Maiko.

It's just a kernel patch, nothing much to celebrate. I don't particularily
like beer. Molson club always churned my stomach. I do like dark rum, and
got a chance to try Jack Daniels with Fresca years ago (thanks to a group
of Americans that came to stay at a fishing camp that I worked at in north
western Ontario back in the late 80's). Now that was good :-)

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM