[nos-bbs] will mirroshades route to a FQDN?

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 8 19:56:33 EDT 2006

Barry... I've been working at getting my jnos2 stuff working again. My
440 radio has quit and thus I have no direct path the SFU gateway
hamgate.comm.sfu.ca or the smtp mail gateway highgate.comm.sfu.ca  I do
however have the promise of another 9k6 440 radio.

That said I do have jnos2d working with two vhf ports and tun0 works
fine. From  jnos I'm able to telnet back to the linux machine that's
running it, and from the linux machine I'm able to sign into my jnos
bbs.

While waiting for the radio, I've been experimenting, trying to use tun0
to send smtp mail from jnos, but I can't really determine if that can
actually be done. Can it?  Seems to me if telnet works through tun0,
smtp ought to as well.

Or maybe a more fundamental question is: can I get tun0 to talk to my
router's gateway (192.168.0.1) ? How to do that?  Would slip be a better
bet?

Thanks,
jerome - va7vv

Best,