[nos-bbs] JNOS closer to IMAP

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Apr 5 19:19:53 EDT 2006

>>In a way, the WINlink looks and behaves alot like IMAP ...
>>
> Bill, you take umbrage with this in detail, but focus on mail handling

I chuckle when I see winlink mentioned in the same sentence with IMAP
since my standard answer to the winlinkies about their 'better
throughput BBS protocol' is to ask how quick they couple drag and drop a
dozen messages from one folder to another (or to the trash.)

I know because that is exactly what I do at my home packet station on
1200 baud RF packet.  IMAP works great with slow RF!

73
Bill - WA7NWP