[nos-bbs] JNOS, INP3, HF (Kantronics Hostmode), my poor back ...

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sat Sep 17 09:47:05 EDT 2005

Greetings all,

Just an update ... Was gone on holidays for 3 weeks ... then
threw out my back ... one month of 'off and on' severe lower back
pain is enough to stiffle things like working on NOS code, or
wanting to go out and fly my double box delta kite ...

INP3
----

I've finally started putting some serious efforts into getting
the INP3 working with JNOS. I know exactly what I have to do, it's
just a matter of doing it. This work is based on the linux kernel
patches from PE1RXQ (Jeroen Vreeken) and the somewhat vague INP3
specs from the TNN site.

The first goal is to get the level 3 rtt (return trip time)
stuff working. In other words, if you're on an Xnet node, and
you enter the command 'nrr <jnos node callsign>', it should
do the round trip route listing, and all that other stuff.

HF Digital

Work on the Kantronics Hostmode is on hold for now (no one is
kicking down my door for it - surprise surprise), although I have
a working prototype that actually talks with KAM all modes and
the newer ones. More on this after the INP3 stuff is down.

That's all for now

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM
http://www.langelaar.net
JNOS 2.0 + NOSaprs