[nos-bbs] SWSVPKT - networking NOS in DOS window on Windows XP !!!

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Sep 2 13:50:19 EDT 2005

Wow,

It seems to work !!! I ran an older JNOS 1.10i executable in
a COMMAND window with the packet driver loaded, and I have IP
connectivity between JNOS and Windows XP Professional / SP2.

Thanks for posting that information to the list Bill. That is
one very interesting piece of software that SWSVPKT driver.

Documentation on how to configure between XP and the DOS
program is not clear. There is nothing to configure on the
windows side. On the JNOS side I decided to pick an IP number
on the SAME subnet as the IP address of the XP computer, so
make sure that IP address is not used anywhere else on
the LAN.

Then, with a bit of creative routing, this may work very
nicely for networking past the XP computer to the LAN.

Note : I have NOT performance tested this.

Hat's off to the SOFT SYSTEMS people for creating this !

The URL is as follows :

  http://www.softsystem.co.uk/page7.html

Regards,

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM