[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0d - 1 year anniversary, INP3, and other stuff

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Oct 16 23:11:11 EDT 2005

Greetings,

I am pleased to release JNOS 2.0d to the masses, website is :

   http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2

It has been a year since I first announced the JNOS 2.0 project, so
what better day to release an update than on the 1 year anniversary.

DOS and Linux are both at the same release level again, and I've fixed
up the website a bit, particularily the Download section. For a list of
the changes made, check the release history in the Documents section.

For those that don't know, the DOS version should run fine on Windows
XP, 2000, or NT4, as well as on Windows 98 and 95, and probably OS/2
as well.

Significant items : INP3, NRR, Kantronics Host Mode, up to GCC 4.0.1,
                    and updated DOS version.

Check the Specs section for information on a new packet driver that just
came out, which allows JNOS to have network connectivity between itself
and the Windows XP, 2000, or NT4 machine that it is running on. This a big
piece of news for those that want to run JNOS (in a DOS terminal) on the
more modern Win XP environments.

This version has alot of work that is incomplete. That does NOT mean that
this release is unstable, it just means that I really wanted to get this
version out to the rest of the world for testing, since in reality it has
been 4 months since I last released any updates for this project.

Now I can go into hiding, and rest for a while :-)

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM
http://www.langelaar.net