[nos-bbs] JNOS (dirty port to MacOS X power pc) ...

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sat Nov 26 00:04:58 EST 2005

Greetings all,

I have available a dirty port of JNOS 2.0d to Mac OS X running
on a power PC (ppc) platform. Why ? Because people have asked.

  Operating system used
  ---------------------
  Darwin xxx 8.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.3.0
  RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

  Compiler used
  -------------
  gcc version 4.0.0 20041026 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 4061)

There is NO 'tun' device support, I haven't even looked at how
to port this. I know that it has been done by others.

Special thanks are due to the following 2 persons who have in my
opinion contributed greatly to me getting this far :

   Torsten (DL1THM) for providing a development environment.

   Bob (N0QBJ) for ideas and source fragments.

What I mean by dirty is that I put it together just to see what all
works and what doesn't. In other words, don't expect too much. This
is just something for people to play with, and a work in progress.

I don't even know if a connected TNC will function properly. Try
it out and let me know. JNOS does seem to run however, and I can
get into the BBS and even queue a mail to another user, etc.

Check the downloads section (there's a new MacOS X category) :

  http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/download.html

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM