[nos-bbs] smtp switch & configuration

Steven Stimpson (N1OHX) steven2 at gwi.net
Mon Nov 21 06:31:01 EST 2005

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: George (Skip) VerDuin
  Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:22 AM
  Subject: Re: [nos-bbs] smtp switch & configuration

  With smtp not started I should get no error message?
  Why doesn't jnos ignore the queued mail?
  It is great to see it processed into the "spool/mqueue/" because that step should be enabled by "start ax25"...

   I have all SMTP un-configured, but even with no mail to be
  targeted and no configuration, once per hour i still see
  "SMTP daemon entered-target=0.0.0.0

    Has always been totally harmless, even when someone leaves me Pmail
  on h.f. packet, i can telnet to myself and read it, but if I don't
  delete it, then once per hour when the daemon is entered i will
  get unknown host n1ohx.ampr.org. again completely harmless,
  but an aid to me to remind i have unkilled mail hi.

  73,
  steven n1ohx