[nos-bbs] Now need help with routing :-(

Steven Stimpson steven2 at gwi.net
Thu May 12 10:41:40 EDT 2005

 Thank you maiko. that page had a lot of good info. i had two things
going against me, TUN was not enabled in the kernel, i thought tun was
short for tunneling so i enabled that instead. second is there is no
/dev/tun0 device on my system. In the meantime, i used the
pseudo TTY sl0 you had documented, and it works, but now
i cannot route packets to the internet. I am a total noob to
linux network configuration.

 I was able to route from the jnos sl0 interface to the linux one,
i can ping it. but i do not know how to route from the linux sl0 interface
to the net. the man pages were way too tough for me.

 Getting ax.25 over a kiss port took 5 minutes, very straightforward.
 The jnos sl0 interface was also straightforward.
it's linux i'm having trouble with hihi. but isn't that why
we run it? :-)

tnx,
steven n1ohx