[nos-bbs] Telpac

Andre v Schayk andre at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Fri Jul 15 07:33:47 EDT 2005

jnos at w0mr.ampr.org schreef:

>I tried the telnet to telpac and got an error. I did the
>telnet Telpac-address 12001. It connected and asked for my
>call and password.  Then it disconnected saying I must be in
>transparent mode. Is this something I need to compile into
>JNOS or some special instructions? thanks
>Jerry, N0MR
>n0mr at w0mr.ampr.org

You need to start the callsign with a . (period) this is a bit
undocumented but from what I have been told it is to check if you can
send and recieve compressed forwarding.
if you can´t log in with a . before the callsign I think it is the
problem maiko warned me about, telnet in it´s natural form adds 0xff
control characters to the mix.
Maiko knows more about the 0xff problem then I do.

73 de Andre PE1RDW