[nos-bbs] File Transfers with NOS

Steven Stimpson steven2 at gwi.net
Tue Jul 12 18:52:50 EDT 2005

> Hmmm.   Maybe a bit of re-arranging on the FBB forwarding
> would do it.   That technique of quickly transferring a compressed
> file is what I'm looking for.
>
> Hmmm.  Hmmm.  Maybe the built in Xmodem file xfer could be
> optimized for ax25 packets.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

 or maybe code some YAPP functionality?

 or the fbb forwarding you mentioned. if the fbb code
in jnos places outgoing forwards in mqueue consider this>

  the methods we used to
use were kind of funny. we were not allowed to do ftp
during the day on our node, so we would 7plus
our binaries, then replace some bogus outgoing mail
messages in mqueue with our 7plus files, then kick the smtp.
 because everyone used lzw compression for
smtp they could not tell the difference on the monitor.

73,
steven n1ohx