[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0b is now available

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Jan 5 00:03:23 EST 2005

Greetings all,

JNOS 2.0b is now available. The website is :

   http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2

I spent ALOT of time working on this release. Hopefully I didn't
mess anything up too much ... But seriously, there were alot of
changes made. If something no longer works, please tell me as
soon as possible, so that I can fix it up. Thank you !

1) all use of the GOTO tags and labels have been completely
   replaced by functions and creative while loops and conditional
   variables. This simply HAD to be done ! The new gcc does not like
   the use of GOTO anymore (ie, Fedora Core 3 should now work out).

2) The TUN memory leak is fixed and working fine.

3) a prototype or 'proof of concept' interface for the SCS PTC II Pro
   TNC is now available ! Lots more work to be done, but this release
   is the basis for the rest of the work I need to do to get the SCS
   support finished down the road.

Hope you all had a good Christmas season and may I take this opportunity
to wish you all the best for this new year, 2005.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM