[nos-bbs] [Fwd: sharing win network connection with xrouter]

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Aug 18 18:57:31 EDT 2005

This came in on the Xrouter mailing list.  It looks like it might also
be useful with JNOS.   Has anybody tried it?

73 - Bill

----

Hi ,
I my long learing curve of setting up xrouter I found out a few
things. While looking for a packet driver for my network card I felt
like I was reaching no end. So I thought if I can connect my network
to windows why cant I share it with a DOS window (I am using Win2000
Pro) . So a few clicks later I found SwsVpkt 1.0.0.1
http://www.softsystem.co.uk/page9.html . Worked like a charm , I could
even run a Wireless network card which had no DOS drivers!! Saved me
loads of time and thought I would share it with anyone else using Win
Xp , 2000 or NT who cant find DOS drivers!! Allows FTP servers and
others on Windows while XRouter runs in a DOS window. I am sure there
will be Win 95 , 98 etc versions on the net somewhere.

Hope this helps someone
Erik MM0DQP