[nos-bbs] Re: Make Depend error

Jose Ng Lee hp2cwb at cwpanama.net
Thu Apr 7 01:42:53 EDT 2005

I missed to read JNOS 1.11f docs.  I read only the "readme.lnx" and follow
the instructions:

4)      Compile Jnos:
                make clean
                make depend             (makedepend prog is in Slackware X
pkg)
                make > make.out 2>&1    (sh/bash/ash shells)
        =or=    make >& make.out        (csh/tcsh shells)
                make mail2ind           (if desired)

        A binary program called jnos will result, and two other utilities,
        dumpdate and u2j, will be created.  Note that you must edit u2j.c
        and rerun make, to use it to inject Linux email into the Jnos spool
        directory for processing by Jnos.  Note also that a large number of
        compiler complaints are put into make.out, BUT they are all warnings
        and the compiler has done the right thing.  Do read the Makefile to
        see Brandon's comments about this and other issues.  If make says
        it can't find the makedepend program, you might need to load it
        from the Slackware X package (or the Debian xlibg6-dev pkg).
        If makedepend can't be made to work, that's OK.  Just remove all
        lines in the Makefile after the DO NOT DELETE line, skip over the
        'make depend' step, and be sure to always do a 'make clean' before
        each 'make' of Jnos.

Maybe, the "readme.lnx" is outdated.  Next time, I only do "make clean" and
"make".

Thanks,

JOSE / HP2AT