[nos-bbs] Re: Make Depend error

Andy Nemec kb9aln at tds.net
Wed Apr 6 22:15:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 nos-bbs-request at lists.tapr.org wrote:

Jose Ng Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using REDHAT Linux 8.  I am trying to compile an executable with
> NOSAPRS.  I follow the instructions and unzip Jnos 111f  source then untar
> NOSAPRS upd111.tar in the same directory.  Later, copy makefile from upd111
> to Makefile.
>
> Then, I 'make clean'
>
> But, when I do a 'make depend' it comes out with an ERROR " line 397: #
> error __BYTE_OR
> DER undefined ... help!"

Hi, Jose and others.

I ran into the same problem and I fixed it by modifying the file global.h.

I added these lines:

 #ifndef linux
 #define linux
 #endif

I added them right after the first two lines, which are:

 #ifndef GLOBAL_H
 #define GLOBAL_H

It did get rid of my error, but did not affect the size of the compile. I
have compiled it with and without the error message, and I have not
detected any difference. But the error message was bothering me, so I use
the version that I modified.

I will tell you that I am not a programmer, and not even a good hacker. So
others may want to comment on whether this is indeed a good fix or if it
may cause other problems that I don't know about.

Good luck,

--
Andy Nemec
Internet E-Mail: kb9aln at tds.net