[nos-bbs] (no subject)

Robert Donnell kd7nm at pugetsound.net
Fri Oct 29 17:11:34 EDT 2004

Hi All,

AEA's PK-232MBX, PK-900, DSP-1232, and DSP-2232 all had the option to have PACTOR I support.  For some modes that these TNCs are capable of, the RS-232 DCD line could be configured via a command to change state, under circumstances documented in the manual.  I don't happen to recall exactly what all of the circumstances were, but, for example, having the TNC achieve a CONNECTED state in Packet was one of them.  AEA also included a host mode among its serial interface modes, one designed for an explicit poll/response handshake for all interaction, such that no data transfer from the TNC to the computer occurs without having been requested by the computer.

Hope that helps!

73, Bob, KD7NM

Sent via the WebMail system at webmail.pioneernet.net