[hfsig] HF performance under 1000 miles?

Mitch Winkle mitchwinkle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:06:43 EDT 2016

Bob,

More info makes for a better discussion.

30m mobile isn't all that hard to do.  40m mobile with verticals has always
been fraught with resonance issues, but the smaller cars may have mitigated
that somewhat. ;)

For ships/boats it's a might easier and more useful I would imagine than
cars.  At SHORTER distances, say NVIS, most will need be horizontally
polarized, while a bit more skywave allows for mixed polarization.  Thus
30m might play well.

Have you considered 6 or 7 character MGRS for locations?  That's pretty
tight and no repeats.  It defines the SW corner of the grid roughly 6 miles
square (10km).

--
Mitch Winkle
http://ewamjlu.blogspot.com