[hfsig] HF performance under 200 miles?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Oct 10 19:41:49 EDT 2016

But I dont want DX ever in this app..  I want HF that works out to 250
miles during the day and not much beyond 500 miles at night.  Then, just
like WIDE1-1 on VHF, we can keep things HF local, re-use the freuqncy and
also gain 100 to one precision by not having to transmit worl-wide unique
posits, but just say 1000 mile unique.  That's the idea anyway.

I climbed up the roof to inspect my multi-band dipole and to my amazement,
all 8 legs were intact, and just drooping down in the shrubery on all
sides, so it looks like aI can gt back on HF by just a lot of rock throwing
and string...

bob, WB4APR