[hfsig] Fwd: Comment Submission from Vince Staffo WB2FYZ - 4/21/2016

Zoltan Doczi zoltan.doczi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 15:53:27 EDT 2016

Hi Vince,

The shield itself is perfectly fits RPi 3, as there were no significant
mechanical change from RPi 2 to RPi 3 upgrade.

However there are other chipset architecture changes which influence the
software operation when used with rpitx (FM,SSB modes)

rpitx is shifting randomly +2.8 MHz (tracked down to dynamic CPU frequency
feature of RPi 3: https://github.com/F5OEO/rpitx/issues/21 )
Here already a command line workaround for that, also I'm iterating with
the developers.
https://github.com/F5OEO/rpitx

I got an RPi 3 for a few days and made some initial tests. It looks like
that WsprryPi (WSPR) operation works stable, without any shifting issue so
far. I was running on my desktop for a few hours, monitored with a spectrum
analyzer and there was no prolem.
https://github.com/JamesP6000/WsprryPi

73,
HA7DCD