[hfsig] Re: [Flexradio] The final nail in the coffin of Morse ?

Trevor AKA m5aka at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 16:03:21 EDT 2005

The ARRL have been pushing for a new Entry Level licence, with 100 watts
output, for a year or more.

ARRL want the FCC to automatically upgrade Technician licensees to General and
Advanced licensees to Amateur Extra. That action combined with the introduction
of an Entry level licence would then have created a 3-tier system like that in
the UK.

However, the FCC has said it does not believe a new entry-level license class
is
warranted because current Novice and Tech Plus licensees will easily be able
upgrade to General once the code requirement goes away.

I read that as implying the FCC wants to eliminate Tech leaving General and
Extra ?

73 Trevor M5AKA