[hfsig] The final nail in the coffin of Morse?

Mike Chace-Ortiz mike at chace-ortiz.org
Thu Jul 21 06:33:24 EDT 2005

CW? Actually, it's the final nail in the coffin of VHF/UHF.  Watch
those higher frequency
bands empty out as VHF-only operators leave for HF.

The ultimate quid for code-free access to HF will be the removal of
bands like 144, 430 and
1296MHz from the amateur service through lack of use and PTTs the
world over will finally
rejoice and cash in on all that wonderful spectrum we leave behind.

--mco