[hfsig] DOMINOEX - New Mode Announcement!

Greenman Family coombedn at ihug.co.nz
Sun Dec 18 23:19:15 EST 2005

Hi folks -

We've done it again! After two years of development, I am pleased to
announce a GREAT NEW MODE for you to enjoy over the holiday period! You
may never use RTTY again!

This mode is a serious contender for NVIS propagation on 80m and 40m,
and also works well on other bands. It is fast, slick, reasonably narrow
and has no tuning difficulties. The mode uses a varicoding technique and
achieves high typing speeds with an extended-ASCII character set. Six
speeds are offered - like a manual (stick shift) car, when the going
gets tough, just change down!

The new mode is called DominoEX. It uses a completely new modulation
technique called Offset Incremental Frequency Keying, which is an
MFSK-family technique, using 18 tones. This technique solves both the
tuning difficulties of other narrow modes, and adds considerable
tolerance of low-band multi-path effects by avoiding repeated and
adjacent tones.

Sensitivity is very good, and the mode is reasonably robust without
requiring FEC, and is so easy to tune it will handle offsets up to 200Hz
and drift up to 200Hz/minute! The application carries and displays a
full-time 'secondary channel' for automatic ID. You can change the ID
message any time.

A simple fully functional Windows sound card application demonstrating
the new technology has been written by Con ZL2AFP, and is available for
FREE DOWNLOAD on my web site. This application looks good, has nice
built-in macros, good meters, and the clearest, most sensitive waterfall
you will have EVER seen!

A DLL for MIXW is under development. This will be open source and
available for other developers. We expect to have versions of the mode
in MULTIPSK and probably for LINUX in the New Year. Other applications
for Offset IFK technology are being considered, and in time FEC and file
transfer options will be added.

For more information and to download the working application, see:

www.qsl.net/zl1bpu/DOMINO

All the technical info and Help stuff is there as well. Support will be
via the Yahoo MFSK Reflector, so don't reply direct to me, and please
read the FAQ at the above site before you fire off questions!

73,

Murray ZL1BPU