[hfsig] What can you do with an OFDM signal in a 3.5 KHz band pass?

DuBose Walt Civ AETC CONS/LGCA Walt.DuBose at RANDOLPH.AF.MIL
Fri Aug 19 16:25:06 EDT 2005

When talking to EOC, disaster relief and military contingency personnel
about HF data modes, they no longer ask how many words per minute is it, now
they are asking how many pages per minute is your capability.

We can no longer think in WPM capability; but rather, pages per minute
(ppm).

73,

Walt/K5YFW

-----Original Message-----
From: hfsig-bounces at lists.tapr.org [mailto:hfsig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On
Behalf Of DuBose Walt Civ AETC CONS/LGCA
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 2:41 PM
To: 'hfsig at lists.tapr.org'
Subject: [hfsig] What can you do with an OFDM signal in a 3.5 KHz bandpass?

What can you do (what RAW throughput) can you get in a 3.5 Khz bandwidth
using an OFDM mode?
Here's what I found using some figures based on the FS-1052, Appendix A
modem.
Your User Throughput will be determined on how much RAW througput you use
for FEC.
Walt/K5YFW