[aprssig] some more APRS-worthy radios looking for a new home

Christopher A Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Fri Jul 12 15:12:45 EDT 2024

It's been a year since I shut down and sold my vacation QTH in southern
Yosemite, and I'm finally getting to one of the boxes with radio gear.
I've got two radios in front of me that were chosen for their low power
consumption:

Radio Shack HTX-202 - this thing is rock solid but oh so dated. I might
have a battery pack but I'm sure it's no good. Great for a tracker or a
low-level igate?

Western Radio WR-154B. This is a crystal-controlled mobile radio made in
Japan by Unimetrics, and sold in the Washington state/British Columbia
area, apparently. I wrote up what I know about them at
https://dimebank.com/cak/k6dbg/ - I had crystals made up and retuned it
and used it for a digi for a number of years. 15W out (plenty if you
have a good antenna) and about 1/4W idle.

Free to a good home; I'd rather do an eyeball QSO than get involved in
shipping, but if you really want, I'll ship if you cover the cost.

VY 73 de chris K6DBG