[aprssig] AX.25 vs FX.25 HF 60-meters APRS Shootout

Stephen H Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Sun Sep 24 22:04:24 EDT 2023

Over the weekend just passed, I did a real-world  side-by-side  comparison of
classic 300-baud HF AX.25 APRS vs the enhanced FX.25 version. The occasion was
a 380-mile (600 Km) round-trip to a ham swap meet in Berrien Sprngs, Michigan
on Saturday.  (Berrien Springs is in the far southwestern corner of Michigan.)

Full details of the test are on my web site at:

<http://WA8LMF.net/APRS-AX.25-FX.25>

Spoiler:  FX.25 was modestly superior...

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page: http://wa8lmf.net

"Studio B" Ham Shack on Wheels
<http://WA8LMF.net/Aliner>

-- APRS over FLdigi Modes  --
<http://wa8lmf.net//FLdigiAPRS/index.htm>

60-Meter APRS!   HF NVIS APRS Igate Now Operating
<http://wa8lmf.ddns.net:14447/>

Flying Digipeater!
<http://WA8LMF.net/FlyingDigi>