[aprssig] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: arrl.net domain e-mail sending failures? (***SPAM*** removed)

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) KJ4ERJ at arrl.net
Wed Jan 18 20:14:32 EST 2023

The "clunky workaround" is up to the owner of the domain, arrl.net in
this case, to properly define a DNS TXT record specifying where e-mails
are expected to originate.  It's all part of the SPF or Sender Policy
Framework defined in RFC 7208 which apparently gmail is recently
enforcing and/or arrl.net recently defined to deny most originators.

The ARRL can fix this by fixing the SPF DNS TXT record to allow
@arrl.net e-mails to originate anywhere. They need to do this, or their
e-mail aliasing is completely useless.  It is NOT gmail's problem.