[aprssig] aprs.fi

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Fri Jan 13 05:10:10 EST 2023

On Thu, 12 Jan 2023, MJ Inabnit wrote:

> Thank you all for the helpful info.  I copied and pasted message I get
> when I search for my call: "The site is experiencing problems. Please
> try again. (Message: Forbidden)"
>
> Even when I drag it over to US, it doesn't show cities/towns or any aprs
> activity at all.

According to the logs, it seems like a session cookie related issue, CSRF
protection kicked in because the browser didn't pass in the CSRF token
when doing the callsign search. Not sure if this is a broader issue - it
seems to work alright for most users, but there's at least one vague
report which could be similar. It might be a bug on aprs.fi, a javascript
code error most likely.

Could you do a forced reload of the site (ctrl-reload, or option-reload on
a mac), or do a logout/login?

There's a thread on this change on the aprs.fi discussion group, we can
continue discussing this over there as well:

https://groups.google.com/g/aprsfi/c/hty6exrm58M/m/r1ddsXyFCgAJ

   - Hessu